Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Corn Bread Muffins.....


Why? Why in the heck do I have this picture posted? Just so you can see how pretty it was one summer night. (and how hott I look when I am large with child!) This is how the valley looked one night. We did NOT photoshop this at all! Isn't it pretty? And of course, the rainbow ended at my house. That is because we actually have a pot of gold (we are rich, we just fooled you all!) !!! :) Anyway, this is more for me than you! It is to remind me that under the 3 feet of snow still lying on the ground, and the dead looking trees, there really is some green there.

So on Tuesdays I watch my neighbor boys (twins, 4 years old...) anyway, they are constantly asking for food. Today, I was so on top of my game! I set the timer when they walked through the door, and just told them when the timer went off, it would be snack time, and not until then. That worked. So then, I decided that I would be generous, and share the corn bread muffins I made, I gave all the gremlins a treat, then ran downstairs and threw in a load of laundry. When I came back upstairs they were pounding on the muffins yelling "BONGO, BONGO!!!!" well, no food is meant to withstand that pressure, and as you can guess, there was corn bread ALL OVER MY HOUSE! SERIOUSLY!! I was gone for like 30 seconds! YIKES! It was  a FREAKING HUGE MESS! Needless to say, what I thought was going to be a great treat really turned out to be a nightmare. I am now laughing about it, but seriously, I wanted to just....do something......when I saw the giganticly humoungus mess they had all created (my child included!!)
SOOO, on to what this blog is really about....
Yeah, it's tuesday, and things at my house the last week have been NUTS! My 3 YO got sick last weekend, then at midnight my baby decided to get sick....it was a long night. LUCKY ME! :) Anyway, here is what I have. Sorry its late.

Monday (long gone!)
B: Oatmeal, eggs, and toast
L: meatball sandwiches
D: pulled pork sandwiches and pasta salad

Tuesday
B: oatmeal and toast
L: tomato soup and leftover pepperoni pizza rolls
D: Annie surprise!

Wednesday
B: Oatmeal and toast
L: leftovers!
D: Lemon and garlic grilled chicken with noodles and corn

Thursday
B: Oatmeal and toast
L: leftovers again
D: crockpot cream cheese chicken and rice with carrots

Friday
B: Oatmeal and toast
L: at grandmas and work
D: pizza....or chicken nuggets

Saturday
B: Pancakes
L: leftovers
D: Hamburgers

Sunday
B: Eggs and Toast
Linner: Steak and baked taters with green beans and rolls.
Treat: Brownies...or cookies....or a pie.....what do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment